Now that the warm sunny rays of spring are on the horizon, bugs are flitting around, and nicer weather is approaching, it’s time to tackle some spring easy landscaping projects! Spring is the perfect time to get outside, enjoy the weather, and improve the landscaping around your home. Here are some of our favorite easy landscaping projects you can tackle in the coming weeks.
Look Around Your Yard
First things first, take a walk around your yard and plan our which of the following easy landscaping projects you’ll need to tackle:
- Clear out drainage ditches in your yard. These areas get a lot of use over the winter months and they are crucial to making sure that spring showers bring spring flowers and not spring flooded basements. Remove any excess vegetation or debris from the drainage ditches throughout your property.
- Is your soil pH below 6.2? Add lime into your soil to improve the overall pH.
- Rake your lawn now to get rid of any old dead grass or debris left over from fall and winter.
Clear Our Your Garden
If you plan on growing your garden this spring, the time to get started on easy landscaping projects is now!
- Repair any damaged rides on raised flowerbeds and repair any trellises or fencing around the perimeter of your garden. Over the winter, some stakes will start to rot and lose their ability to hold up the sides of flowerbeds. Replace them now so that you can start planting right away once spring begins.
- Mulch any bare spots in your flower or garden beds. Keep the fresh mulch a few inches away from the base of your trees and plants to help reduce rot.
- Weed any spring weeds that are starting to pop up. Weeds will continue to grow and flourish for as long as they stay in the ground, so pulling them up as soon as you spot them is the best way to fight their effects on your yard.
All Your Landscaping Needs from Pinehurst Landscape Company
Pinehurst Landscape Company provides professional landscaping design for you throughout the year. We have over 50 years of experience in the landscape design field and we are experts in making functional, beautiful, and environmentally friendly yards. Our designers work with you one on one to make sure you end up with a finished product that you love. Visit us online or give us a call at (410) 592-6766 for more information. To see examples of our work, be sure to follow us on Houzz, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.