Whether you work in an office park that could use a little greenery or in the middle of the city at a medical center, outdoor landscaping is crucial to the happiness and health of your employees, even if you don’t realize it. Giving employees a chance to unwind and take a break from their cubicles can increase productivity and help keep them healthy and relaxed. How can you create a beautiful outdoor landscape that employees will love?
What Should You Keep In Mind?
There are several things that you should consider when creating a great outdoor landscape for your employees, including the following:
- Flexible Seating: Just like when designing the perfect office and reception areas, it’s important to keep the seating options vast and varied. Pick out seating options like chairs, benches, and tables so that employees can sit together on their lunch breaks or step outside for a quick phone call. You want all of the furniture you use to be easily movable so that your employees can move it around to sit together.
- Wi-Fi: Just like your employees want to be connected indoors, they want to be connected outdoors too! This can allow employees to take a working lunch while still enjoying the outdoor landscape or catching up on the outside world during their lunch break.
- Electrical Outlets: These are great ways for your employees to recharge (literally) while spending some time in the fresh air.
Outdoor Landscape Features for Your Employees
Here are a few more ideas for encouraging your employees to actually use outdoor space and not just pass through on their way in the door:
- Make a rooftop or balcony garden on the top of your office building if you own the entire property. This is a fun and Instagram-worthy way to get your employees enjoying your outdoor space.
- Create a hardscaped patio gathering area where employees can relax, eat their lunch, or read a book. The great outdoors is fantastic at curing a brain freeze and letting imaginations run wild, so why not encourage your employees to enjoy it?
Pinehurst Landscape Company for All of Your Commercial Landscaping Needs
Pinehurst Landscape Company provides professional landscaping design for you throughout the year. We have over 50 years of experience in the landscape design field and we are experts in making functional, beautiful, and environmentally friendly yards. Our designers work with you one on one to make sure you end up with a finished product that you love. Visit us online or give us a call at (410) 592-6766 for more information. To see examples of our work, be sure to follow us on Houzz, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.